The Embassy VFX is hiring a Jr. Systems Administrator to join our team!
Apply to: Jr. Systems Administrator @ The Embassy
This position blends elements of desktop and server support and requires a broad range of knowledge. The primary role is to provide full end-to-end support to remote employees (ie from remote workstation through to server access).
- Remote access support for staff and contractors;
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT help desk;
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in/first-out based on priority;
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for local workstations;
- Utilize and maintain the Help desk tracking software;
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment;
- Install, test and configure new servers;
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software;
- Maintain inventory of all equipment and software and software licenses;
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software;
- Monitor overall health of systems;
- Investigate and resolve hardware issues that arise with remote and on-site desktops and servers;
- Investigate and resolve non-production software issues on workstations and servers;
- User Management (Add, Delete, Change).
- Background in Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu – minimum 3 years professional experience).
- MacOS knowledge and experience (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of Ansible, Salt Stack, or Puppet.
- Knowledge in Desktop/Workstation and Server hardware configuration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand hardware/software logs.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to create and maintain scripts in Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
- Extensive experience with hardware troubleshooting.
- Understanding of and ability to manage network equipment (an asset).
- Experience with tape backup and archiving (an asset).
- Windows experience (an asset).
- Experience with writing technical documentation.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
*** Please note: This is an on-site position. We regret that remote applicants will not be considered.**
Commitment to COVID-19 Safety
Our top priority is providing a safe and healthy workplace for our artists and support staff. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves, we continue to monitor and follow the directives of the government and WorkSafeBC to ensure a secure working environment.
Who We Are
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With over 15 years of experience creating best in class visual effects, we utilize CGI, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery. We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises.
Our work has received numerous accolades, including:
- Oscar nominations
- Numerous VES