The drawing software Black Ink introduces its new feature: the controllers!

[table=“width: 640, align: left”]

Black Ink is not an ordinary painting program on many aspects: its user interface, its performance on very big documents (10Kx10K) or its unique new brushes. But today it also can be called a generative art software thanks to the new controllers system.

Controllers are a whole new way to customize your brushes. You can assign behaviors in any parameter you want and make your brush act exactly as you like using a simple visual block-based system.

[/table]

[table=“width: 640, align: left”]

Want a simple pressure sensitive opacity? A speed driven size? Or make a completely new brush ? Creating your perfect tool is as simple as plugging a behavior block in the desired output.

But controllers also are a powerful and limitless tool thanks to a collection of simple mathematical functions. Mix values, experiment with rotations, scales and gradients and you will discover countless unique effects! These infinite possibilities are what makes Black Ink’s generative art a unique creation experience.

In the next major update a brush management tool will allow you to save, organize and share your brushes with other Black Ink users. You’ll just have to download someone’s shared creation to add a completely new tool to your collection.
[/table]
[table=“align: left”]

//youtu.be/0uCbsqOaefg

[/table]

Black Ink website | Steam-Greenlight | Survey

Forum | Gallery | Facebook | Twitter | Google+

If you have any questions about Black Ink. I am here ˁ•ᴥ•ˀ

What kind of integration or you planning with steam?

Just a quick note, you have a typo under Window>CONRtoller editor

Other than I’ve been trying this for a bit after I saw it posted about somewhere else, its pretty nice and at a good price point.
I would suggest a few things like:
*Alt drag or something to zoom in and out.
*Resize document
*Custom brush size controller like Photoshop

Other than I’m having fun with this. Definitely going to get it once I get my tablet pc

We will have more information about steam integration once we receive the green light, in the meantime we don’t exactly know what our options are.
We’ll announce those features as soon as possible.

Black Ink on Steam-Greenlight

Thank you! This will be fixed in the next release :wink:

Other than I’ve been trying this for a bit after I saw it posted about somewhere else, its pretty nice and at a good price point.
I would suggest a few things like:
*Alt drag or something to zoom in and out.

There is a shortcut list here

*Resize document.

This will come eventually.

*Custom brush size controller like Photoshop

We’ll have a system with a press-and-hold button and drag

Other than I’m having fun with this. Definitely going to get it once I get my tablet pc

Wonderful! And don’t forget to check our brand new tutorials!

Oh well by brush size indicator, I also meant that while Im drawing, it would be nice to have a circle or shape representing the brush instead of a mouse cursor. It’s a trivial thing but it gives really good feedback.

Photoshop and Sketchbook usually do it by overlaying the brush shape as an outline

[QUOTE=dgovil;19276]Oh well by brush size indicator, I also meant that while Im drawing, it would be nice to have a circle or shape representing the brush instead of a mouse cursor. It’s a trivial thing but it gives really good feedback.

Photoshop and Sketchbook usually do it by overlaying the brush shape as an outline[/QUOTE]

It’s on our to-do list.
It will come with the implementation of the preferences menu. You’ll be able to choose your cursor (Brush shape, area brush, cursor, precise mode)

Thanks ˁ•ᴥ~ˀ*