I am new to the group, so please let me know if there is anything I can improve. But I wanted to give everyone visibility on a role we are working with. If you think you would be a good fit or know of anyone that would be, I would love to connect. Please email me at [email protected].
Here we go…
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA title is looking for a Technical Artist who will support the environment art team. We are looking for generalists with experience in level management and tools troubleshooting. This position requires a technically minded 3D Artist who has an obsessive eye for details and passion for ensuring game content consistently meets a visual and performance high bar. Strong collaboration and great communication skills are essential as this role will be involve working closely with a diverse and highly experienced team.
· Help artists with everyday blocking issues with content tools and workflow
· Set up and manage technical pipelines related to level production (i.e. source file management/streaming/visibility/collision/physics materials)
Create technical level reports to team members/leads including: performance reports, statistics, budgets.
· Ensure levels and other content are meeting memory budgets and performance targets
· Coordinate with design team to eliminate any game blocking issues and establish ideal setups for gameplay scenarios
· Ensure all game assets meet production technical standards requirements
· Work with tools developers to augment and enhance content creation and level tools
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Experience with Autodesk Maya, Photoshop required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
· Candidate must have strong knowledge of modern game environment development principles and techniques. Experience with Level management and optimization on a console project required.
· 2 or more years professional development experience on pc and consoles preferred.
· Candidate should have strong time management and communication skills.
· Candidates should also be able to rapidly grasp new technical concepts and quickly become proficient in new content tool chains.
· Programming and/or scripting experience is preferred in one or more of the following areas: HLSL, CGFX, Python, Mel.