Position Technical Artist, Rigging/Pipeline/Tools
Full-time position located in our studio in Plano, Texas.
Salary Range : Commensurate with Experience & Skills
Robot Entertainment, the independent developer of the Orcs Must Die! and Hero Academy franchises is looking for a Character Rigger & Technical Artist to join its staff on a full-time basis. This individual will have responsibilities for creating character rigs, skinning models and developing art tools for artists on one of our new projects currently in development, working collaboratively with development teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Able to create and maintain high quality and complex character rigs in Maya;
- Able to skin character and object models with an eye for quality deformation;
- Can develop new and maintain pre-existing content and rigging pipeline tools;
- Can set up assets in Unreal Engine 4, such as physics, cloth, and blueprints;
- Has comprehensive Python scripting experience;
- Can work with character artists to maintain topology standards;
- Able to collaborate with animators during the rig creation process;
- Has effective communication skills;
- Takes ownership and is a problem-solver;
- Is collaborative and works well in a team environment.
The ideal candidate…
- Has 2+ years relevant rigging experience in film, TV, or games;
- Has experience with Unreal Engine 4;
- Has 3DS Max rigging and MAXScript experience;
- Has experience with game performance optimization.
Qualified responses should be directed to [email protected] with a resume and cover letter . Please indicate you are applying for the Rigger & Technical Artist position.
This is a full-time, professional exempt, on-site position, with benefits. Open to United States citizens or those individuals who are legally residing and working in the USA. Robot will not facilitate or sponsor candidates for US work visas or US residency “Green Cards” for this position.
Robot Entertainment, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. The company shall ensure that decisions affecting employees are made without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. This policy is administered in accordance with federal laws (including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Age Discrimination in the Employment Act of 1967, as amended, Equal Pay Act of 1963, as amended, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended) and all other applicable state or local law prohibiting discriminatory acts.
Robot Entertainment, Inc. is a privately owned developer of entertainment technology and intellectual property, based in Plano, Texas, USA. More information about Robot can be found at http://www.robotentertainment.com.