DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Technical Artist with professional games production experience.
Your primary role will be working on projects with Activision, and helping their teams with the production of some of the most popular game franchises in the world. You can also expect to contribute to a broader set of clients and projects over time; DigitalFish works with many partners including Facebook, Google, LEGO, NASA, Pixar and DreamWorks. This role requires a keen understanding of the state of the art in gaming, graphics, and pipelines for delivery of assets for real time engines. If you have the ambition to produce visually stunning 3D content while navigating through unique technical challenges, then this is the role for you!
Ideal candidates will have 4+ years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen!
- Work closely with Art and Engineering (whether in-house teams or with the client) to construct art assets consistent with project needs
- Knowledge of best practices entailed in the creation of AAA assets
- Manage asset integrations, file organization, and other pipeline processes on large, multi-studio projects
- Implement tools and scripts for the production pipeline in order to help users create, coordinate, share and translate 2-D and 3-D assets more efficiently
- Own technical issues and drive the team to resolve them
- Help specify and create an asset pipeline geared towards extensibility and flexibility for upcoming needs
- Document current state of the pipeline, pointing out common problems and inefficiencies, and suggesting solutions
- Have a high level understanding of scene graph construction (USD), geometry formats, shading and materials formats; in particular, how these technologies are used to achieve unique styles and hit amazing visual quality
- Create, maintain, and communicate technical art guidelines and implementation techniques
- Partner with all disciplines to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- BS/BA in Computer Science/BA in Digital Media or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in a large-scale project for VR, games, VFX, TV or film
- Solid understanding and demonstrable experience working with AAA game engines; Unreal Engine or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of version control Perforce or Git
- Up-to-date and well-rounded knowledge of current art techniques and development processes for DCC tools used across the pipeline
- Experience working with engineers in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features in a cutting edge technology
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. Check us out at www.digitalfish.com. We look forward to hearing from you!