Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield’s DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
As a Technical Artist generalist, you will be essential to supporting our content creators as they are creating world class content. Under the direction of Senior Technical Artists and Tech Art Directors, you will be responsible for assisting our world teams with finding creative solutions to workflows, assisting with debugging content related issues and profiling performance.
This role will report to our Studio Art Line Director, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
- Analyze and monitor game performance and memory usage and generate reports
- Assist with debugging content, lighting and shader issues
- Diagnose problems related to level creation and support the world team
- Work with artists to identify and solve technical problems with existing tools
- Support with content creation when needed
- A knack for trying things out, figuring out how things work, picking up new tech, and how to dig into any available resource to find your way to solve a problem
- A general understanding of various 3d modelling and texturing DCC to Game Engine workflows
- Familiar with existing game engine workflows
- A sense for how to analyze and structure data in software like Excel etc.
- An excitement to support sharing knowledge
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.