Blackbird Interactive is looking for a passionate and experienced technical artist to join our team to be a key part of our art and engineering backbone. We want someone to collaborate with a tight-knit team of highly dedicated and talented developers on BBI’s newest IP. This is a chance to get involved from day 1 of this project’s life cycle! Do you want to build stylish and compelling experiences?
Do you love working with a team of talented designers, artists and programmers to create ambitious in-game content? You will be part of a small, high performing team who can crunch ideas quickly and come up with dazzling solutions to challenging problems. You will have a collaborative approach and be directly involved in the day to day decision making that will help us design and ship a high quality game.
- To act as a bridge between Art, Engineering and the game engine.
- Agile, flexible, and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of new concepts.
- The design and creation of custom asset export tools and pipelines for Maya to streamline artist workflows.
- Understanding of real-time content development and able to devise high visual quality solutions within technical constraints.
- Technical proficiency in areas such as lighting, rendering, texturing, and shader programming languages.
- The creation of a procedural system that assembles levels/vehicles from a library of modular assets while maintaining visual cohesion and structural integrity.
- Ability to optimize and increase efficiency and reduce the expense of art 2D and 3D assets while preserving visual quality
- Able to work with minimum supervision, work well in a small team and take ownership for problems.
- Document tools and production pipelines that are clear and understandable.
- 4 + years of experience as a Technical Artist or similar role
- Experience with shader effects
- Strong understanding of the VFX production pipeline/tools/etc
- Familiarity with scripting (C#, Python and MEL)
- Understand rendering and shader creation
- Optimization and performance profiling is a must
- Asset creation and management
- Experience with stylized game art and effects
- Shows initiative for creative problem solving and unorthodox solutions
- Experience working with Maya
- Experience working with Unity3D and/or Unreal
- Rigging and animating
- P4V experience
- Modeling skills and game asset building
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.