Message me on Slack or in the board if you’re interested!
RIGGER / TECHNICAL ANIMATOR
STUDIO, ANIMATION, MALMÖ
We are looking for a Rigger / Character Technical Animator to join one of our exciting projects. This is an opportunity if you want to be part of a friendly and passionate team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, demo reel and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Helping establish and maintain production workflows and validation processes between departments
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Maintaining and pushing quality and look of the characters through scalable solutions with a long-term perspective
- Helping support and mentor less experienced riggers
- Frequent communication with animators, technical artists, artists, level designers and programmers to understand needs
- Documenting and continuously developing best practices
- Evaluation of memory and performance cost of character assets
You as a person
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our games through next level tools, workflows and pipelines. You thrive when you find efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as how to improve all of our workflows. You’re aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Understands Character pipelines from modelling to rigging to animation
- Shipped at least two AAA games
- Creature rigging experience a plus
- Relevant portfolio/demo reel is required
- In-depth knowledge of Maya a plus