ARMATURE STUDIO in beautiful Austin, Texas, is seeking a TECH ARTIST to join us on an amazing new VR project!
The primary responsibility of the Technical Artist in this role is to work with artists and animators to create tools and asset creation pipelines to assist the content creators in their work. They will help ensure that the artists and animators have a smooth and efficient pipeline for getting their assets made and put into the game.
This is a full time, in-office position. Relocation assistance within the US is available for this position.
If interested in applying, please submit resume to: [email protected]
- Tool creation for the Art and Animation teams
- Help develop and manage an efficient asset pipeline from Maya to Unreal 4
- Develop and organize efficient shaders
- Help with optimization solutions for memory and performance considerations
- Works autonomously, seeking out work to support the Art and Animation teams
- Shipped AAA games
- Proficient in Maya and Unreal 4
- Knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with MEL
- Experience authoring and optimizing shaders
- Experience with rendering and lighting techniques
- Rigging and/or technical animation experience a plus
- Version control experience – SVN, Git, Perforce, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and process documentation skills
- Knowledge of Substance Designer is a plus.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship