Armature Studio in beautiful Austin, Texas is seeking a Tech Artist to join us on an awesomely fun project!
The primary responsibility of the Technical Artist in this role is to work with the Console Engineering Team and the PC Development Team to identify and implement strategies to run at target frame rates and within memory on the XBOX 1 and the PS4. They will ensure that the art that ships in the game is of the highest quality possible for the technology available.
This is a full time, in-office position. Relocation assistance within the US is available for this position.
If interested in applying, please submit resume to: [email protected]
- Work with team to optimize level art, animations, static meshes, skeletal meshes, particles, lighting, and textures on the consoles
- Work with PC team to communicate technical art issues on the consoles
- Run performance and memory tests providing clear and actionable data
- Adjust/Reconfigure game assets to run within spec on consoles
- Fix console-specific bugs in shaders
- Works autonomously, seeking out work to support the overall quality of the game’s performance
- Shipped AAA UE4 games on the PS4, XBOX1 and/or Switch
- Proficient in Unreal 4
- Experience in auditing and correcting performance and memory issues
- Experience with rendering and lighting techniques
- Experience authoring and optimizing shaders
- Version control experience – SVN, Git, Perforce, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and process documentation skills
- Experience working with external teams a plus
- Experience with Simplygon is a bonus but not needed
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship