Hey, we’re currently looking to hire a tech artist at Roll7, this would be a full-time position but 9/10 work days would be from home.
Working on an original IP, we are looking for a Technical Artist to help realise a unique illustrated/ anime art style. You will have some experience in writing edge detection systems and screen shaders. We have strong concepts and visual guides, but we are keen to work with someone who would be able to input creatively as well as technically. You will need to be able to work hands-on in Unity to set the benchmark for quality assets, characters and VFX.
From the job description:
- Working with our Art Director and Creative Director.
- Enabling the art team to achieve a unique and innovative style in line with our vision.
- Creating tools, shaders and pipelines for other artists to use.
- Optimising your code for the limitations of consoles and possibly mobile.
- Strong technical capabilities and understanding of Unity shaders and graphics tools.
- Experience working with Shader-Graph, raw HLSL, and other relevant shader creation techniques.
- Experience creating edge detection systems (preferred) - outline shaders, cel shading, anime shading, or similar.
- Demonstrable examples of work/show reel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Unity shaders and graphics tools.