I am Zsombi, from Space Rock Games - a New Zealand based fully-remote game development studio. We are looking for an experienced technical artist to join our team and help us build our debut game Criminals Within - a cooperative action game - set in a medieval fantasy kingdom.
While being relatively small at the moment (you would be the 12th person to join) we have big ambitions. We would like to become the best game studio in the world for devs and players alike. Crunch and predatory monetization practices such as loot boxes do not work with this - so we don’t have either of those
If you love medieval fantasy and you like the flexibility of being able to work remotely wherever you want - we would love to hear from you! The job description can be found below.
- Create world class visual effects and shaders - because we all want the game to look dope
- Mentor less experienced team members - so that we can all get better at what we do
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the game - to make sure players’ computers do not crash and burn while playing our game
- Help improve the art pipeline - by assisting in building art tools and by implementing automated optimizations
- 3+ Years experience in games as an artist
- 2+ Additional years of experience as a tech artist
- Delivered at least 1 commercial game - ideally multiple
- Strong understanding of the art production pipeline
- Experience in mentoring junior/intermediate team members
- Working experience with Unreal Engine (4 or 5)
- Ability to create high quality shaders & post-processing effects
- Advanced knowledge of VFX creation (ideally with Unreal’s Niagara)
- Experience creating benchmarks and testing them
- Optimization knowledge of a shipped game, specifically in visual effects, lighting, scenes and shaders
- A desire to learn and further improve your skills
- A proactive and self-reliant personality
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of environmental production techniques & tools
- Ability to create tools to improve art production efficiency
- Knowledge of writing technical documentation
- Modelling experience in Blender / Houdini or any equivalent.
- Console development experience
- Competency in coding languages (Python, C++, etc)
- Experience with multiplayer games
- Experience in integrating art assets into game systems
- Rigging experience
- Advanced understanding of UE5/4 (Chaos, Simulation, Physics Assets and Rigs)
- You can work on an awesome medieval fantasy action game coming to PC/Console
- You can actually meaningfully contribute to the game and it’s design
- Flexible working hours
- Strict no crunch policy
- Work from home - or anywhere you want as long as you have access to internet
- Profit pool - we all benefit from a successful game
- Team building and games nights
- Friendly, respectful and supportive working environment
- Time to explore learning opportunities
If you are interested please don’t hesitate to reach out. Send us an email to [email protected] with your portfolio and CV and we will be in touch!
Thanks for reading through and have a lovely day!