The Software Developer will work with other developers to design, develop, and support a new virtual production pipeline based around motion capture and game engine technology, with integrations to existing feature film pipeline tool sets and workflows. You will also work with artists across all disciplines to offer technical advice and come up with solutions to production problems and workflow inefficiencies.
The primary tools are Unreal Engine, Maya, C++ , Python in Linux and Windows, but you will be exposed to new tools, processes, and products on a constant basis. Therefore, you will be expected to jump into unknown territory and learn new things.
• Provide support to artists and supervisors and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Identify needs and plan tools that contribute to artist efficiency.
• Develop and maintain pipeline and in-application scripts, tools, and libraries.
• Generate user-friendly documentation and tutorials for tools and procedures.
• Give tool and workflow demonstrations within the pipeline team and to artists.
• Produce technical specifications, test cases and documentation for the tools you develop.
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• At least 3 years of professional experience supporting artists in a production context.
• Experience with collaborative development and code review processes.
• Excellent C++ and/or Python in Linux and/or Windows skills.
• Excellent problem solving, communication, and team skills.
• Firm understanding of game, CG, or VFX production pipelines.
• Knowledge of and experience with source code control systems such as Perforce or Git.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
• Experience with building custom versions of Unreal Engine or Unity is useful, an asset.
• Experience with any of Maya, Houdini, Mari, Substance, Nuke, Shotgun, or ftrack, an asset.
• Experience with motion capture tools, processes, or data is a plus.
If you are interested in the position, please apply here :Job Link
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.