Axis Studios seeks an exceptional Show TD to join our Research and Development team.
As Show TD you would help support the technical smooth running of the project, working closely with a wide range of departments such as Editorial, Animation and Lighting, along with their interdepartmental workflows and processes; solve technical challenges to make projects a reality; and help adopt new technologies such as cloud computing and game engine rendering.
The role can be performed remotely.
- Ensure the smooth technical running of the show
- Develop pipeline tools and processes to meet production needs
- Work with the Head of R&D to design and prioritize production needs
- Ensure tools and processes meet the global pipeline framework and tracking systems
- Test and debug tools and process to ensure stability and usability
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- 3+ years of experience in animation or visual effects for film or television
- Experience developing for Shotgun, FTrack or other production tracking software
- Experience developing for Maya, Nuke or Houdini
- Strong experience in Python
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with PyQt / PySide/ Shotgun
- Experience in designing and building database systems
- Working knowledge of C++