Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Senior Technical Artist to support the CG Supervisor on our Platform team at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
As part of the Platform team, this position’s focus is on performance and memory for all the HiRez studios’ products. The Technical Artist will be responsible for performance profiling and helping guide the artists on how to minimize performance and memory impact while pushing the visual quality of the game. He/She will also be making tools for automating the data analysis and building up pipelines for internal production.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Tech Artists do:
- Analyzing game performance and memory using various engine, 3rd party tools, and internal tools.
- R&D pipelines & best practices for content teams.
- Work with artists to find implementation techniques that balances artistic goals and practical reality.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years experience in game production.
- Able to identify problems and find solutions.
- Scripting experience, developing complete tools.
- Mastery of a 2D DCC (Substance) and a 3D DCC: Max or Maya.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams and disciplines.
- Good understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- Self-motivated worker.
- Well organized, and able to multitask.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong programming skills.
- Shader work experience.
- Unreal 3 / Unreal 4 experience.