We’re looking to hire a full time Tech Artist here in NYC! For those unaware of who we are, we recently shipped Just Cause 4, have Rage2 coming out in 2019, have Generation Zero (a self-published title) coming out in 2019, and on top of all that have the well regarded hunting game theHunter: Call of The Wild (2017, self-published). We have 3 studios: New York City (where this job posting is for), Stockholm, and our newly opened Malmö location.
If you are interested and would like to reach out to me (Brian) directly, you can find me in a few different ways:
Tech-Artists.Org Slack: @brian_venisky
Email: [email protected]
Avalanche Studios is currently looking for a Senior Technical Artist to work on the development of high-profile projects for consoles and PC. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels like research, modeling, texturing and effects. You will work with the Art and Technical Directors to help manage, research and evolve the art content creation pipelines and act as a liaison between the artists and programmers.
As an employee of Avalanche Studios, you will work in a environment where social skills are just as important as your professional skills. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
- 5+ years’ experience and shipped titles as a Technical Artist
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya and Substance
- Expert knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework
- Strong knowledge of current 3D rendering principles and shader authoring
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
Nice to haves:
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- Experience with modeling, rigging, animation, effects, dynamics, or lighting
- A solid foundation in traditional art