If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your AAA Technical Animation skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we’ll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits! This is a remote role!
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
What you’ll be doing with us:
- Own and set the standards for performance and memory specs for characters, environments, and visual effects
- Work with programmers, artists, and designers to establish metrics and workflows around performance management and asset validation to ensure that the game operates within established targets
- Create and maintain tools to assist artists with their daily workflows
- Perform in-depth reviews of major pieces of content at each stage of construction and provide feedback to the artists
- Creating maintaining and expanding rigs for a variety of props, vehicles, characters and other CG objects that need to be animated.
- Provide the first line of support for troubleshooting artist issues, and ensure that those which need escalation are effectively resolved
- Help maintain shared scripting libraries and participate in code reviews
- Make some amazing games!
What you bring to the team
- 5+ years of professional (Post-college) AAA games experience as a Technical Animator
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of game rendering and lighting
- Experience with python and/or tools development
- Solid understanding of 3D modeling, world-building, and node-based systems
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Experience with animation, or with C++ or C# is a plus