Trixter Munich is currently looking for a Senior System Administrator to join our team as soon as possible.
System Administrators ensure the ongoing smooth running of our production systems with a view to developing the systems for the future. Location: Trixter Munich GmbH. This role would occasionally require providing support outside of core week-day hours and on weekends to support production deadlines.
- Maintain and implement storage infrastructure
- Implement the primary direction, and strategic road-map for IT systems (including networks, servers, infrastructure services, storage)
- Advise and support implementation servers as well as large technical projects.
- Maintain and support network infrastructure (monitoring, benchmarking, etc.)
- Installing and supporting 3rd party software packages as well as managing license accounting
- Support the hardware and software acquisition process
- Setup, maintain and enhance already existing services and well as new ones
- Good analytical, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressurized environment.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to quickly understand the needs of the business and respond accordingly
- Ability to quickly understand the output of a Company in order to affect decision-making
- 5+ years experience working as a systems administrator
- A degree in a Computer Science/IT or equivalent experience
- Substantial Linux system administration experience using Red Hat and/or Fedora, Solaris and BSD type operating systems as well as Windows and OSX
- A thorough knowledge of storage and networking concepts and techniques, layer2/3 switches and configuration
- An understanding of technologies such as relational databases, NFS, SAN, File Systems (especially ZFS) and virtualization
- A knowledge of scripting languages such as Shell/Bash, Python, PERL
Highly regarded skills:
- Experience of IBM spectrum protect and/or scale, ZFS and other storage technologies.
- Experience of the specialized systems utilized in the VFX industry
This opening is only open to people with an EU citizenship or with an existing German Visa.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter to [email protected].