- Full Time
- Brighton, UK or Remote (hybrid working supported)
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
The TrailerFarm is looking for a Lead Cinematics Artist to join us making real time cinematic game trailers, intro sequences and cut scenes for some amazing games industry clients.
We’re the team behind the double Clio Award winning So Happy Together Trailer for Borderlands 3, the first ever PS5 trailer for Godfall and many more. While trailers are massive to us, our Unreal and Unity cinematics expertise means that game devs also come to us for intro sequences, in-game cutscenes and all stages of cinematic visualisation. Our artists work on a number of exciting IPs every year with different teams so there’s definitely opportunity to flex creative muscle and try new things.
As a Lead Cinematic Artist you should have an eye for cinematic detail and cinematography techniques. You should have a strong understanding of real time cinematic pipelines across video game cutscenes and pre-rendered cinematics. You should be prepared to lead and guide a team of other cinematic artists to create high quality cinematic shots for our trailers and cutscenes.
The Cinematics Lead position should be responsible for liaising with the creative team/lead on a particular project, and making sure that their (and the client’s) vision is created efficiently. You should be familiar with working in a collaborative environment, contacting other teams and leads for their skills where needed.
You will be working alongside a fantastic multi-skilled team of animators, tech artists, editors, cinematic artists and project managers. Working out deliverable dates, scoping projects efficiently, posting updates and managing your team’s progress.
- Managing a team of artists to create AAA quality cinematic trailers
- Work with project managers and producers to effectively budget and scope projects for our clients and upcoming projects
- Using your expertise in game engines (Unreal, Unity) to guide artists to create fantastic looking cinematic shots. Stepping in and using your own skills where necessary
- Effectively track the progress of your team’s shots alongside project managers using tracking software or sheets.
- Collaborate with other disciplines throughout the company.
- Have a drive to grow the cinematics team to new levels in a time where real-time cinematics are more popular than ever. And new tools / updates being introduced (Unreal Engine 5). Having determination to learn new tools and pipelines, and effectively deploying them into projects and pipelines where necessary and useful
- Represent the cinematic team when presenting work to clients. Effectively working with them to share ideas and discuss solutions alongside the creative lead
- 4+ years of experience in the games industry, working in cutscene / cinematic related work
- Experience with leading a team of artists
- A strong understanding of real-time game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Strong knowledge of storytelling, film language and cinematography techniques
- Effective communication skills with your team, other disciplines, leads and clients
- Work from home is permitted. In office work available in Brighton, UK. (dependent on current restrictions)
- Excellent English communication and writing skills
- Be able to provide a demo of your previous cinematic work
- An interest in video games is beneficial
- Passion and drive to stay up to date with the latest technologies, tools and software
If you are interested please email [email protected]