Select faces ocluded by mesh

Hello, I’ll very much appreciate it if you could suggest some method for my issue. I need to select faces that are invisible from any\every direction, but models don’t intersect with each other (f.e. some part of one pipe with a small diameter is inserted into another with a bigger diameter ). My solution is to bake AO into vertex colors and then foreach mesh:

1. for each face on the mesh - get vert list, this face consists of
  2. get vert color for every vert from this list (for this face), sum them up, and divide by the number of verts - to get the shadowing for this face
  3. if shadowing < some value, delete this face

The flaw of this algorithm is that the ao bake is uneven, and meshes are affected by other meshes that are very close to each other BUT the AO affected sides are SEEN from the camera - this leads to the deletion of faces heavily affected by AO, but in the same time visible from the camera that leads to visible holes on the outside part of mesh

Does this help?

1 Like

Thx for the suggestion, I’m not familiar with Bifrost but I’ll try to test it. My goal is to build an automation script to clean up invisible geo inside of meshes, can it be done solely via Bifrost?

Im not a TD but im certain its possible.