Vicarious Visions(Albany, NY) is looking for a rigging artist to join their team.
As A Rigging Artist at Vicarious Visions you will be working alongside a skilled team of artists to help craft rich, believable characters of the highest standard. You will overcome technical hurdles with an artistic eye, create robust, appealing rigs with the animator in mind, while collaborating with other passionate artists to bring AAA games to life.
In the spirit of inclusion, we encourage everyone to apply.
About the role
- Design, craft, test and maintain high quality character rigs
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Skin character models efficiently with an eye for quality deformation
- Create and maintain character rigging pipeline tools
- Develop and maintain pipeline tools for other content creation teams
- Troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups and pipeline tools
- Receive and address feedback on rigs and tools
- Work with Character Artists to craft and uphold topology standards
- Work with Leads to help advance career growth
- You have complex character rigging experience in Maya
- You have deep understanding of anatomy and movement exemplified in rigs and skin weighting
- You are proficient in Autodesk Maya
- You have experience writing large-scale Maya rigging and animation tools utilizing PyQT, PyMEL and Python
- You posses the ability to adhere to coding standards and respond to code reviews
- You thrive in collaborative environments and are comfortable with iterative processes
- You are ambitious and proactive
- You have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience in C++ is a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine a plus
- Motion Capture, Modelling and animation experience a plus
In 2018, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 27th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Crash Bandicoot, to Destiny 2.
We thrive on a culture of teamwork, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
If interested please visit the link: