Rez hands-on Live-Session Take 001

Hey,

as announced / polled ( TA nights - Trying to kick it off with a rez session - Community - Tech-Artists.Org i would like to give this a first try.

I was eying for next 2022-05-17T19:00:00Z . It would be really helpful if people could reply here if they are a) still interested and b) if that slot works for them as i would rather not sit in loneliness :smiley:

The basic idea would be to create a python rez package on windows, turn what we learn there into a tool to automatically release new python versions as rez package. And discuss whatever is of interest in the rez space (or beyond?)

Cheers,
Thorsten

• Interested and works for me
  • Interested, but can not join

0 voters

3 Likes

So the amount of people that would be interested and available is enough for me to give it a try. I still need to figure out the technical side of this, and the first try might end up trainwrecking we can still make it a fun trainwreck i reckon.

I was asked if we can push back an hour, so starting at 2022-05-17T20:00:00Z If this is an issue for anyone could you please raise your voice here? If not i would like to enable them to join and push back an hour.

do you think it’s possible to record the session? I won’t be able to join but I am very interested in watching afterwards

For this first session i chose not to record it. As this is meant to be an interactive format i would love for people to chime in and i am afraid people might be put off by being recorded. Secondly, being in the EU i need to find out how to do this without violating GDPR and the likes.

(That said, i do plan a non interactive video on the same topic, so that might also just cover this)

So we will try and do this tonight. As mentioned above i would like to start at 2022-05-17T20:00:00Z today. In order to join you need to join the TAO discord server: Tech-Artists.Org

We have a new voice channel there dedicated to this session (thanks to Bob!) called rez-demo.

I guess i will be lurking there a little in advance.

Hope to see you there!

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.