Heyo, my studio HypGames is looking for a rendering engineer. The role was described to me as having a lot of overlap with technical art. To clarify the WFH, everyone outside of Orlando, FL is full time remote; everyone near the office are still working from home too. No relocation required.
HypGames is looking for a talented software engineer to join our fast growing game studio. With an expanding portfolio of live mobile games and new projects on the horizon we are interested in motivated self-starters who love to get their hands dirty with new technology. In this role, you will work closely with producers, designers, artists and other engineers to make vital components of the game vision into a reality. We also work from home, as needed. So, if you want to be part of an up and coming startup, this is the place for you!
- Individual contributor that develops, writes and debugs code for video game software with a specific focus on rendering and various other systems as required.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests, and implements code and shaders within the Unity engine
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Anticipates, identifies and articulates problem areas and develops preventative solutions
- Participates in providing feedback for the work of other engineers
- Solid understanding of one or more shader languages (Cg, HLSL, GLSL)
- Working knowledge of C#
- Working knowledge of Unity3D or another game engine
- Excellent math knowledge, including trigonometry, linear algebra, and calculus
- Understanding of GPU pipeline and experience with GPU performance analysis and optimizations
- Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Strong debugging skills with ability to work in an existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Undergraduate degree in field related to Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent experience in game industry
Nice to have:
- Experience with optimization for mobile devices
- Working knowledge of Unity editor scripting / tool development
- Working knowledge of Unity’s particle systems
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya
*Please provide examples demonstrating the requirements above when submitting a resume.
|Pay||$50,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year|
|Schedule||Monday to Friday|
|Work authorization||United States (Required)|
Dental insurance Disability insurance Flexible schedule Health insurance Life insurance Paid time off Vision insurance