Removing non-existent setAttr commands

When I tried to open this maya file that was previously done by someone else, I noticed that I have the following error message in the
Script Editor:

file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 163: The pkgGroup 'Groups' has no '.rtk[0].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 163: setAttr: No object matches name: .rtk[0].rid
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 168: The pkgGroup 'Groups' has no '.rtk[1].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 168: setAttr: No object matches name: .rtk[1].rid
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 206: The pkgRef 'genericBoy' has no '.ref[0].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 206: setAttr: No object matches name: .ref[0].rid
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 234: The pkgRef 'body' has no '.ref[0].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 234: setAttr: No object matches name: .ref[0].rid
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 241: The pkgRef 'body' has no '.ref[1].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 241: setAttr: No object matches name: .ref[1].rid
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 248: The pkgRef 'body' has no '.ref[2].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 248: setAttr: No object matches name: .ref[2].rid
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 255: The pkgRef 'body' has no '.ref[3].rid' attribute.
file: /user_data/my_projects/maya/my_files/animation_phase01_v013_working.ma line 255: setAttr: No object matches name: .ref[3].rid
Error reading file.
Error reading file.

Adding on, these said errors that are point to those nodes does not have such attributes in the first place, so I am not sure how/ where it got
incorporated into as the maya was handled by different people in which usually it will versioned-up before passing the latest file to the next person
to do his/ her tasks.

I can try to omit these ‘unknown’ attributes if I saved it in a .ma format but that will be proned to human errors should I missed removing them as
ascii file contains lots of lines. Is there any way that I can do this via coding, within the maya session?

Those pkgGroup/ pkgRef are custom nodes, similar to a typical maya group node…

I’ve seen similar things when opening a file in an older version of Maya. Unless you are actually seeing problems, usually it is pretty safe to do, even with rigs.

The only problems I’ve ever seen by opening in an older version of Maya is fancy IK stretch breaking, and Shape Editor masks being baked into broken weight maps on blendshapes. It was easily solved by duplicating out all of the shapes and building the blendshape node fresh.

What kind of scene is this? Have you just tried saving it out yourself, or exporting all? It might clear these errors itself. Especially if your scene isn’t too complex. It’s worth a test anyway. Maybe someone will give a more comprehensive answer.