Reference Books for Python Scripting in MotionBuilder

Hi,
I am new to Python scripting in general but I have C++ knowledge. I have founds ome really helpful videos on YouTube regarding scripting for both Maya and Mobu.

But, I was wondering if there any reference books available specifically for Python scripting for Mobu (preferred) and Maya. I did find a lot of books on Python on Amazon of course, but none were related to Mobu specifically.

If any of you can help me out on this, it will be awesome!

Peace!

Not sure of any recent physical books. I found this guide very useful though:

http://awforsythe.com/tutorials/pyfbsdk-1

If you were looking for a book specifically, I think Jason Parks was one of the earliest teachers of MoBu Python I could remember:

1 Like

I’m not a mobu user: but having worked with Mobu ‘power users’ before, the first thing they say is that the mobu Python api is horribly documented, at least via official channels.

Best… of… luck…

Oh, yeah you are right. The documentation of the Autodesk website is good for starters, but doesn’t provide a lot of insight. It’s basic.

I did find some videos on YouTube but they are very scarce, and not all are descriptive. I guess, it’s better to learn by trial and error, and my own r&d.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I have gone through Forsythe’s playlist. But surprisingly, that’s the only available extensive tutorial. I have found some other one off videos on YouTube, so kind of creating my own playlist with these videos and learning.

Jason Parks’ book is not available in my country, India at the moment. I have that on my wish list, so hopefully when it becomes available, I will be able to get a hold of it.
Thanks for your response! Appreciate it.

1 Like