Rockstar NYC is currently seeking a highly talented Pipeline Technical Artist focused on our varied automated systems. A strong working knowledge of using Python is vital.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across all development disciplines, and help drive our tools technology forward to support the creation of all of Rockstar Games projects.
The Pipeline Technical Artist role will focus on developing, maintaining and optimizing our Tech Art automated systems used across multiple projects and platforms.
- Work with the Tools and Tech Art teams on a wide range of automation focused tasks within an established and evolving codebase.
- Implement tasks as required by Animation and Art teams to streamline and support production.
- Python programming is a prerequisite for the role.
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist/TD/tools programmer.
- Relevant games development experience, preferably on AAA titles.
- Experience with proprietary or 3rd party automation systems/processes.
- Advanced experience in Python/QT.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Experience using Mongo/SQL or similar databases.
- Experience using Motionbuilder and/or Maya as a technical artist/TD.
- Experience implementing and maintaining automation systems.
- Experience in other programming languages (.Net/C#, ASP.Net and WCF etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience using Avid Media Composer/Pro-tools or similar Editing/Audio tools.