The Pipeline Developer – Rendering is responsible for developing tools and maintaining support for the render farm and rendering aspects of the film production pipeline, including render resource projections. He/she will work with the Digital Resource Manager as well as lighters and Supervisors to support and efficiently use multiple renderers such as Arnold and Octane. The primary tools are Qube, Python, PostgreSQL, and Linux, with a bit of Windows thrown in, but he/she will be exposed to new tools, processes, and products on a consistent basis. The Pipeline Developer – Rendering will be expected to jump into unknown territory and learn new things.
• Assist in the maintenance of the Render Farm Supervisor and Farm Workers.
• Execute semi-automated technical checks, publishes, and other data-movement tasks.
• Facilitate faster workflows with scripting (SQL or Python) at an Intermediate or Senior level.
• Develop other Studio Tools using departmental standards, conventions, and APIs
• Work with TDs, CG Supervisors, IT, and Artists to define the scope of tools to assist in Farm, Licensing, and Data Management processes.
• Work to standards established by the team operates with a service-based, positive attitude.
• BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• At least 3 years experience with commercial renderers such as Arnold, Octane, or Red Shift.
• Strong understanding of SQL commands (primarily Postgres).
• Strong understanding of Python and Linux
• Understanding of the basics of render management software, such as Qube, OpenCue, and how to submit and modify jobs.
• Understanding of Windows and OSX platforms.
• Can design layouts and implement tools.
• Experience with Kibana or the ELK stack, or with web frameworks, an asset
• Experience with automated software testing and tools, an asset
• Experience with storage and data maintenance policies, an asset
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: Job Link
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.