Picking up Maya (or Max) Help

Hey Guys,

I haven’t posted much here but this seems like the place to get this kind of thing started. I’m working on a project that’s starting with assets from another studio (familiar story) and they are Maya files. I’m a Max guy. I wish I knew Maya even 1/100th as well as I know Max, but I don’t. So that’s why I’m posting.

I’d like to have a go-to outlet for quick Max->Maya questions. Anything like that exist already? I’m thinking a hashtag on Twitter would work great, like #maxtomaya and #mayatomax (my twitter is @benimaru)

Anyone else into this?

I’m on the flip side of that coin. Been using Maya forever, never used Max in production. I’d be glad to help with some Maya questions. I’m @smapdi.

Chad, awesome. Hit me any time with Max stuff. I’ll have some Maya q’s in the coming days I’m sure.

I think the book is called Max to Maya. It goes through the process of modeling in max then the same or similar process in Maya.

That’s an awesome book:

Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max Side-by-Side

I have used both about equal in production and am following the #hash tag and yes the side-by-side book is good also.

Wow, that book looks perfect! Had no idea it existed. Thanks for the link.