Photoshop script to export Vector paths as a polygonal mesh (OBJ)

Hi all,

I wrote up a script to export photoshop vector paths as an OBJ.
If you would like to download or contribute to it, the link to the repo is available here

It is pretty much in an alpha stage but I hope to develop it more as I find time.

//youtu.be/Zz96RAOxnhg

Cool stuff!

This is looking really awesome! I shared it with my team earlier this week and it seems like there’s definitely a place for it in our tool set. I can only think of two improvements that prevent it from being everything I could ever want it to be:

1. It needs to properly triangulate the mesh when it comes into Maya. (Ideally in triangle fans from one of the bezier points)
  2. It should be able to detect straight lines and ignore bezier points or remove extraneous verts during the poly creation process.

Needless to say, great work and I’ll be playing around with this for sure.

[QUOTE=Mouthlessbobcat;23870]This is looking really awesome! I shared it with my team earlier this week and it seems like there’s definitely a place for it in our tool set. I can only think of two improvements that prevent it from being everything I could ever want it to be:

1. It needs to properly triangulate the mesh when it comes into Maya. (Ideally in triangle fans from one of the bezier points)
  2. It should be able to detect straight lines and ignore bezier points or remove extraneous verts during the poly creation process.

Needless to say, great work and I’ll be playing around with this for sure.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the comment:)

Yeah making the mesh triangulate correctly is non trivial… Particularly for complex / concave shapes so I am not sure if I will be able to add that given my schedule :open_mouth: Regarding straight line detection, the code is actually there, I just haven’t activated it yet as it is still buggy (Optimize Function in the script, if you are interested) I intend to fix that up when I get a chance :slight_smile: