Hello from Microsoft! We currently have several open contract positions for talented Houdini Artists/TDs/TAs in the Seattle area (Redmond). You’ll be working on an exciting project collaborating with Developers, Artists and Data Scientists in the Cognition group.
- Collaborate with the Art team to create procedural assets.
- Work with the Technical Art Director developing new large-scale generation and simulation systems.
- Work with the Technical Art Director on enabling PDG cooking of procedural assets.
- Working with the Development and Art teams rendering large scene.
- Photo-real rendering and VFX work.
You will need at least three of the following Houdini skills:
- Creating HDAs to share with other artists.
- Procedural geometry creation with SOPs.
- Use VEX to create efficient geometry algorithms.
- Fire & Smoke VFX.
- Creating DOP networks from scratch for new simulation types.
- Use Python to interact with external data sources and APIs.
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and photo-real materials, lighting, cameras etc.
- Develop new Materials ad Shaders from scratch.
- Texture creation/wrangling for PBR systems. Eg ensuring the Albedo levels are correct for a specific surface.
- PDG workflow development.
- Arnold materials and shaders.
- Working knowledge of Maya.
- Working knowledge of Blender.
- Working knowledge of camera technology. Lenses, Sensors etc
- Quixel megascans.
- GIS and map data.
Please contact Deanne from Aquent: [email protected] for resume submissions and general information about the positions, location etc.