Max Script, horizontal rollout resize and UI refresh

Hello all,

I am a bit new at maxscript and I am facing a tiny problem, any help would be very appreciated.

I was looking for a way of letting the user adjust the width of my rollout just like he can do it with the height using a float rollout… it seems its not possible without using dotnet… whish I dont want for a so little feature.
So I have think put the width inside a spinner… my only issue is, even if I can with no problems at all update my rollout_width_variable with my spinner, well, my rollout dont change his size ! Is it possible to “force” the rollout to “refresh” when the user is chaning is widht via the spinner ?
And in the same spirit, in my rollout, I have liste box names who’s the name is given by a variable… same issue, when the variable change I cant get the name of the list box refreshed.
Is this kind of operations possibles ?

Thanks
BLoby

Don’t use rollout floater, use a dialog:

rollout sample "" (label lbl "")
createDialog sample style:#(#style_titlebar, #style_border, #style_sysmenu, #style_resizing)

If you for some reason really want the scrolling panel from the rollout floater, addSubRollout in your rollout. Of course, with .NET you can use Anchor property and all the other goodies to make the process of positioning and resizing items as easy as possible, so for a complex tool it would make more sense to use that.

[QUOTE=Swordslayer;22879]Don’t use rollout floater, use a dialog:

rollout sample "" (label lbl "")
createDialog sample style:#(#style_titlebar, #style_border, #style_sysmenu, #style_resizing)

If you for some reason really want the scrolling panel from the rollout floater, addSubRollout in your rollout. Of course, with .NET you can use Anchor property and all the other goodies to make the process of positioning and resizing items as easy as possible, so for a complex tool it would make more sense to use that.[/QUOTE]

I didnt know the existence of those dialog ! It seems that will do perfectly, thanks a lot.
…Not sure what the point of using standar rollout then ? If that does the same…with more options ?