Looking for a Maya Batch Tool - Not for rendering

Hello all!

Hello all, I’m a motion capture animator and I’m starting to build out the motion capture pipeline at a small start-up in the games industry. I’m a one man band at the moment and I’m looking for a way to batch process motion capture data within a large number of maya files. If anyone is able to point me in the right direction for a tool, I would greatly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

The tool would be able to…

• Open a Maya file
  • Import a file (.c3d) into the maya file, and store the name of the file (ex: billy.c3d) - I have a plugin that enables .c3d import
  • Perform a series of operations inside maya on the imported data
  • Save the file using the name of the imported file (ex: billy.ma)

Would also be willing to pay for a custom tool, if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance!

Try out mayapy

Hi @erwftw !

Also have a look at https://github.com/danbradham/manymaya . It wraps around mayapy and lets you execute some code concurrently. Saved my a** in a few cases in the past! :grimacing:
Hope that helps!

I think if you intend on using HIK for retargeting from the marker data, mayapy might have issues as the HIK pllugin commands are typically context sensitive to the HIK Character UI.
Worth trying but a word of warning.

Thanks! I’ll give it a look. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. For this setup, I’m going to be retargetting directly to the skeleton and not HIK (HIK is later in the pileline).

1 Like