At League of Geeks, we believe in building the tools and pipelines for creatives to do what they love the most - making wonderful games!
We’re looking for a Technical Artist with a passion for real-time rigging and experience using the Unity Engine’s animation toolkit. You’ll play a pivotal role in research and development for features that depend on animation, and help guide our practices and technology in this field.
You’ll work closely with the code department, as well as artists and animators, to see our exciting new game’s vision come to life.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world, with a genuine focus on well being, skill development, and the correct ratio of pot plants to humans.
Note: This is a full-time, maximum term (6-12 month), contract position with the possibility of ongoing employment, though make no mistake, you will be a critical part of the LoG family.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and help us create our new, exciting original IP we’re developing in partnership with Private Division, we’d love to hear from you!
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Professional experience with the animation pipeline from Maya to Unity.
- Professional experience rigging and skinning assets for use in Unity.
- Understanding of the technical constraints and requirements of real-time animation.
- Fluency in languages such as Mel and Python.
- The initiative and passion to push animation technically forward at the company.
- The ability to guide and instruct character artists with the construction of their meshes for animation.
- Dedication to actively improving your skillset by keeping up to date with industry trends and techniques.
- Detail sensitivity, a proven aesthetic eye and strong design sensibilities.
- Excellent communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- Rigging and skinning of game assets.
- Importing and setup of animated game assets in Unity.
- Developing and maintaining animation tools and pipeline for game development.
- Developing solutions for technical challenges that are faced by the content team.
- Collaborating with Artists and the broader team to help bring the project vision to life.
- Helping LoG build and maintain a great working culture through positive teamwork!
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day on Monday. Yeah, dogs!
- Talent development, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development days.
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Menstrual, Menopause and Parental leave.
- Sustainable working hours, environment and life-work balance.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and Melbourne Games Week party.
- Located in The Arcade, one of the world’s first videogame co-working spaces.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and folio with examples of your work to [email protected]
- Application period closes on September 7th (CoB). We wish to fill this position by October 5th.
- Base remuneration on offer (excluding benefits such as superannuation) is between $62k-$100k pa AUD pro-rata, as per the length of the contract term. Base remuneration will be dependent on experience and expertise of the applicant.
- Remote work options are available for this position.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, there will be a slow response time but we do endeavour to get back to everyone who shows interest!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference.