Message me on Slack or the board if you’re interested.
As a Lead Technical Artist at Massive, you’ll mentor, manage, and motivate a team of Technical Artists to create some of the most advanced content ever seen in video games. You’ll drive the tech art vision and set the standards in-house. You will be centred between Art & Programming, collaborate with additional Leads, Producers, and multidisciplinary game developers across our AAA production team, to deliver features in line with our art direction, considering performance optimization, and always with the players best interest in mind. To do this you’ll get to work with industry-leading tools like our Snowdrop game engine.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
You’re the missing link between Art & Code. You enjoy finding innovative solutions to existing game Art and graphical obstacles. You’re also a passionate coach and team player, having had previous experience driving a team through a AAA production and through a release.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your work (must include Tech Art).
- Previous experience leading a AAA game production team through a release
- Several years of experience as a Technical Artist on multiple game projects
- Relevant degree in an Art or Tech field, or the equivalent work experience
- Command of various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Maya, 3DSMAX, Substance)
- Experience with node-based visual scripting game engines (e.g. Snowdrop, Unreal or Unity)
- Experience profiling and analyzing/optimizing console performance
- If you have knowledge of Python and HLSL languages, this will be a bonus