The Lead Software Developer is responsible for a team of developers building a Virtual Production pipeline. This is a hands-on role that involves directing and supervising other developers. You and your team will design, develop, and support a new virtual production pipeline based around motion capture and game engine technology, with integrations to existing feature film pipeline toolsets and workflows.
The primary tools are Unreal Engine, Maya, C , Python in Linux and Windows, but introducing new tools, processes, and products is a regular part of the job. The Lead Software Developer also works with pipeline supervisors across Reel FX in order to maximize consistency and reuse of technology across the organization.
• Define, document, and promote a workflow vision for the virtual production group.
• Provide support to artists and supervisors and ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Meet with artists and supervisors on a regular basis to identify needs and plan tools that contribute to artist efficiency.
• Develop and maintain pipeline and in-application scripts, tools, and libraries.
• Ensure software best practices are used within the pipeline team.
• Collaborate with pipeline supervisors to help define and improve company tools and workflows.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in a production context.
• Experience with collaborative development and code review processes.
• Proficient in C , Linux and/or Windows, and software development best practices.
• Firm understanding of game, CG, or VFX production pipelines.
• Knowledge of and experience with source code control systems such as Perforce or Git.
• Excellent problem solving, communication, and team skills.
• Ability to manage other developers and create a productive team environment.
• A strong commitment to supporting artists and production staff in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
• Experience with building custom versions of Unreal or Unity, an asset.
• Experience with any of Maya, Houdini, Mari, Substance, Nuke, Shotgun, or ftrack, an asset.
• Experience with motion capture tools, processes, and/or data is a plus.
If you are interested in the position, please apply here:Job Link
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.