ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Rigging Technical Artist on our existing and new mobile game development projects! Your role is to create rigs across a variety of assets, use various tools & protocols to enhance with existing pipelines, and work closely with fellow artists & engineers on art implementation to the game.
**In order to be considered you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a demo reel showcasing recent work upon application submittal.
- Create rigs for characters, props and buildings.
- Build, maintain and troubleshoot pipeline for toon and 3D visual effects.
- Identify redundancies in our workflow and provide solutions for automation.
- Provide feedback to modelers to enhance the quality of the rigs.
- Provide rigging and skinning feedback to outsource studios.
- Create auto-rigs for existing and new games.
- Help to drive and direct overall character and asset pipeline for future project needs, with tool/workflow development geared towards extensibility and flexibility for upcoming needs.
- Develop and maintain tools for the production pipeline, particularly for modeling, animation, and rigging.
- Secondary responsibilities include:
- Write exporting tools for art assets and animations.
- Build upon existing tools and scripts.
- Build complex shaders in Maya’s ShaderFX.
- Must have worked on at least two 3D games from conception to completion.
- Extended rigging knowledge in Maya.
- Experience working with game engineers.
- Must be well-rounded at the whole 3D pipeline, especially modeling and animation.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of mobile gaming production.
- Understanding of character design and animation, as it relates to rig development.
- Experienced in PyMel and Python.
- Degree in Art or related field.
NICE TO HAVE
- Shader creation / coding experience.
- Familiarity with Maya Python API.
- Experience leading a design and/or art team for either iPhone or Android applications.