Image processing engineer [Employment] [non game dev]

Hey y’all!
I’m a games expatriate, I’ve recently started with Imgix, an image processing company. I’m on the site reliability team (we have an opening there, too, which doesn’t not relate to techart, if you want to have that conversation, I think I have enough for a talk about it :wink: )

This also doesn’t directly relate to tech art, but I bet some of y’all like hacking on image stuff, so in case someone wants to make that sweet sweet non-game salary jump, figured I’d drop that off here:

(also, amusingly, I now work with two ex-audodesk employees)

This also doesn’t directly relate to tech art, but I bet some of y’all like hacking on image stuff, so in case someone wants to make that sweet sweet non-game salary jump, figured I’d drop that off here:

Oh man, don’t rub it in :slight_smile:

1 Like

The impact on my life was kinda small only because I also moved from a hella cheap midwest town to the second or third most expensive housing market in the US (depending on how you apportion NYC).

One of the things that marks the role, job and vocation of Technical artist is the flexibility and the adaptability. As a role, we’re probably the best equipped from our professional experience for leaving the industry other than non game-specific [e.g. rendering] engineers.

My personal exodus also had to do with a move for not my job and the only real game in town being Bethesda, so hard nope there

This topic was automatically closed 83 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.