Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Character Rigger to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia to work on SMITE.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
- Work closely with the Modeling, Animation, and Technical Art teams to create rigs that both provide functionally robust controls and that conform to technical envelopes.
- Weight / Skin characters in an efficient manner while maintaining deformation integrity and achieving a high degree of visual fidelity.
- Create tools that streamline the character creation workflow throughout the entire pipeline.
- Maintain character hierarchical standards, naming conventions, and other protocols.
- Troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups / scripts.
- Advanced knowledge of 3ds Max.
- Past experience with various rig setups, including bipedal, quadruped, and complex robotic / mechanical characters.
- Strong understanding of MAXScript, scripted controllers and expressions.
- In-depth knowledge of FK/IK systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, at times working within evolving content pipelines.
- 3-5 years experience with character rigging / skinning in a production environment.
- Unreal 3 Engine experience.
Apply at Hi-Rez Studios - SMITE - Rigger