FX Reel 2012

[vimeo]54450066[/vimeo]

••• FX REEL OF MY FRIEND DHAVAL RUPALA •••

Not to be harsh, but not the strongest reel.

If he can get to redo it, I would say:

*Take out the furry ball shot. The track isn’t the greatest and it takes all of 2 minutes to create a furry ball.
*The head to particles is fine, but it’s not showing any transition or any controlled complexity. Again it’s a very out of the box solution that shouldn’t be on a reel
*The day to night is all wrong. The Dynamic Range and colors are too flat and dark. it’s more likely a very underexposed shot during the early morning if anything.
*Roto is decent but there’s some shimmering on his right arm.
*The car particle is better than the head but again, it’s a very out of the box solution.
*The key is probably the strongest shot. There’s still some greenspill and fringing. I think relight should be relabeled as grading
*Colored particles are again out of the box solutions and aren’t really indicative of skill
*It’s already at 1:49 and there’s only been 2 shots that I liked. So needs to be cut down.
*The Rayfire is a good shot to keep. It’s not perfect but it’ll look cool to a recruiter
*FumeFX looks like a preset and isn’t representatitve of a realistic explosion

All in all, I say keep the comp shot and the rayfire. Work on the car shot, the roto and the fumefx but scrap the rest.
(Sorry for being harsh, but there’s way too much stuff in there that needs to be cut out)

Thank You So Much For Your Feedback And I Will Left Him Everything U Mentioned.

As I Am Not So Gud At Fx N I Don’t Hve More Knowledge About It So I Unable To Give Sme Review On His Work.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=dgovil;19141]Not to be harsh, but not the strongest reel.

If he can get to redo it, I would say:

*Take out the furry ball shot. The track isn’t the greatest and it takes all of 2 minutes to create a furry ball.
*The head to particles is fine, but it’s not showing any transition or any controlled complexity. Again it’s a very out of the box solution that shouldn’t be on a reel
*The day to night is all wrong. The Dynamic Range and colors are too flat and dark. it’s more likely a very underexposed shot during the early morning if anything.
*Roto is decent but there’s some shimmering on his right arm.
*The car particle is better than the head but again, it’s a very out of the box solution.
*The key is probably the strongest shot. There’s still some greenspill and fringing. I think relight should be relabeled as grading
*Colored particles are again out of the box solutions and aren’t really indicative of skill
*It’s already at 1:49 and there’s only been 2 shots that I liked. So needs to be cut down.
*The Rayfire is a good shot to keep. It’s not perfect but it’ll look cool to a recruiter
*FumeFX looks like a preset and isn’t representatitve of a realistic explosion

All in all, I say keep the comp shot and the rayfire. Work on the car shot, the roto and the fumefx but scrap the rest.
(Sorry for being harsh, but there’s way too much stuff in there that needs to be cut out)[/QUOTE]

I’m actually opposed to the Rayfire shot, even though you’re right about how it’ll look to a recruiter. When looking up Rayfire tutorials online, the car through a wooden fence is pretty much the most common/popular one, and that’s something to be avoided. I’d be looking for something more unique to show off.

Hmm this info would be useful 4 my friend.
Thanks

Wow!! Great 3D effects in the movie shown as Reel FX. Actually I am in love to watch Rayfire shot. I also like the Alpha and night shots. Thank you so much for sharing. You have done great job.