Shengqu Games is building a technical art team in the US to create advanced tools and technologies for our upcoming flagship AAA action RPG and other game projects on PC and mobile.
We are looking for Senior Technical Artists and Technical Art Directors to bridge the gap between art and engineering, own our asset production pipelines, and leverage their artistic and technical skills to help make our creative vision a reality. Our goal is to build a supportive team of strong problem solvers, communicators, and area specialists that love to lead and manage other Technical Artists and collaborate with the Art Director, Technical Director, Game Director, and production artists to create exciting experiences for players to enjoy spending time.
We are building this technical art division in a fully remote manner.
- Create efficient and user-friendly Master Materials and Material Functions for use in-game
- Work with the development team to design and create shaders and materials for environments, characters, VFX, and UI in UE4/UE5
- Generate visual and technical targets by working closely with Graphics and Engine Engineers to ensure that the technology is serving Art requirements.
- Proactively improve inefficiencies, resolve problems and identify solutions in existing materials
- Drive and maintain best practices for material usage toward quality and performance goals within an effective PBR pipeline
- Refine pipelines with tools and scripts to improve efficiency
- Maintain documentation of workflows and deliverables
Required Qualifications and Skillset:
- 4+ years developing shaders or materials in the game industry
- 2+ years Unreal engine experience
- Minimum 1 shipped AAA game
- Thorough knowledge of PBR-compliant material development in UE4/UE5, Substance Designer, and Painter
- Strong Troubleshooting skills paired with a positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team
- Strong understanding of scripting for DCC, UE4 and Shader (CGFX, HLSL) or similar required
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and work pipeline and desire for continuous learning
- Expert knowledge of various industry-standard DCC software packages, including 3Ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Suite, etc
- Experience with Technical Art in a pre-production environment
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Supportive company culture
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full cover health benefits
- Unlimited paid-time-off policy
- Permanent Remote Work
To apply for this position, please send me an email: [email protected]