Float Condition Node

Hi does anyone knows how the float condition node works?
I want the output of a condition node to be float not boolean, is the above node for this reason?
Thank you

Are we talking Maya? - then you have a condition to be met such as equal to, a term (value) you’re comparing to and an output for the result of the condition. So if your condition is equal to, and your first term is 10.0 and your second term is 5.0 your result of the condition will be false. But crucial not the output value, that is deemed by the ColorIfTrue, and ColorIfFalse attributes - these are basically 3 floats each.

So lets put it together:

• Condition is EqualTo
  • First term is 10.0
  • Second term is 5.0
  • ColorIfTrue is [1.0, 2.0, 3.0]
  • ColorIfFalse is [4.0, 5.0, 6.0]

So given this, our condition result will be False (5.0 not equal to 10.0) and our output value will be [4.0, 5.0, 6.0] (ColorIfFalse). If both terms (values) are identical, the result of the condition will be True (FirstTerm is equal to SecondTerm) which will output to [1.0, 2.0, 3.0] (ColorIfTrue).

Thank you for your reply,
yes i was talking about Maya, i know about the condition node, i was asking about the float condition Node , how is working?
The thing is that when i am using lets say your values the output is executed in one frame.
Even if i put (greater or lower than) in the operation and key the first term from 0–>10 the output is done in one frame. So with a sphere and a cube when moving the sphere(first term), the cube should go smoothly to the output values. I was thinking if this float condition node do a smoother transition from the current state to the given one from the output.

Hi @Stathis - What node is this? I don’t see a floatCondition node in Maya node reference? http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2020/ENU/?guid=__Nodes_index_html

Or do you mean the condition command?
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2020/ENU/?guid=__Commands_condition_html

Is there any documentation?

No, unfortunately there is no documentation about this node and i am searching everywhere to find how it works. In the node editor press tab and type floatCondition.float_conditionNode

Hmmm… very odd, ok I’ll reach out and try to figure out whats up with this node :+1:

1 Like

Update:

FloatCondition node is not documented as its part of the LookDevKit plugin. And as such meant to be use as a node in shading graphs.

Inputs

• _fa/floatA (kFloat)
  • _fb/floatB (kFloat)
  • _cnd/condition (bool)

Outputs

• of/outFloat (float)

Notes

• If _cnd/condition == True, then outFloat = floatA
  • Else, outFloat = floatB
1 Like

Ok,
thank you for your responce.