Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Senior Rigger to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Riggers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Work closely with modeling and animation teams to create optimized rigs that fully address the needs of the character’s functionality.
- Weight characters in an efficient manner while maintaining a high degree of visual and deformation fidelity.
- Create tools that streamline the character creation workflow throughout the entire pipeline.
- Maintain character hierarchical standards and protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups / scripts.
- Ability to troubleshoot engine side problems.
- Ability to predict deformation behaviors on meshes.
What we are looking for:
- 5 - 7 or more years experience with character rigging / skinning in a production environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya.
- Extensive experience with various rig setups, including bipedal, quadruped, and complex robotic / mechanical characters.
- Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy.
- In-depth understanding of MEL or Python, scripted controllers and expressions.
- Advanced knowledge of FK/IK systems other methods of driving a hierarchy of bones.
- Passion to learn and teach new methods and techniques.
- Strong understanding of SKL and animation setups in the game engine.
- Strong understanding of hair and/or rigid body dynamic systems.
- Pipeline tool development with C++ or Python.
- Excellent 3D math skills.
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Cloth setup experience in Unreal Engine 4.
- Previous experience leading a small team of riggers.