For some reason, i am unable to export a custom attribute string parameter (SomeString type:#string animatable:false) to FBX. It appears blank in the, motionbuilder, ui property window and also if i query it via the python sdk.
It seems others have used max CA’s to transfer custom data to fbx previously, so I must be missing something.
I have tried the obvious stuff
- ensuring values are set max side
- exporting with ‘animatable:’ both true and false
- seeing if a ‘default:’ value helps
- seeing if tying it to an edittext ui element helps
- exported with bake animations checked in the fbx export dialogue
- exported on older version of the fbx exporter (2013 to 2010)
No dice. Interestingly int and float parameters export just fine.
Has anyone else experienced this before, and if so know of a workaround?
Thanks in advance