Hey all, Facebook Seattle has a spot for a Contract Technical Artist, on-site in the Seattle Office, description below:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join a small team of designers who are creating cutting edge AR experiences. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of general art and animation pipelines and a high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts. The Technical Artist will assist teams of artists in tackling projects and be equipped to provide support on complicated technical issues.
- Partner with art director, designers, engineering & QA to design and implement AR effects from conception to launch. Providing post-launch support as well.
- Design, manage and maintain the implementation pipeline from the artists through to deployment
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists on asset creation, modelling and texturing best practices
- Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during testing phases
- Quickly solve issues with your cross functional leads
- 3+ years of professional experience working on shipped titles in the gaming or film industries
- Experience implementing assets in real-time engines, such as Unity3D or Unreal
- Experience with Maya and/or Houdini
- Experience rigging in Maya
- Experience with a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter
- Shader programming experience. (Shader is a computer program used to do shading. The production of appropriate levels of color within an image, or, in the modern era, also to produce special effects or do video post-processing)
Looking to fill the spot ASAP, prefer local to Seattle. Questions? Please DM me!