The Overwatch team is seeking talented character technical artists at all levels!
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced character technical artist to join its renowned Overwatch development team!
Help make our next heroes come to life! You’ll leverage your skills by providing support throughout the character skin production process, working closely with character artists and animators; physics set-up and skinning character bodies and faces, and preparing them technically for export.
Your work will be aligned to the needs of a production pipeline and teams we support. You will work collaboratively with other departments including modeling, game design, animation, concept, and VFX.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated artist who has built complex rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters and must have a strong understanding of skinning, ragdolls, anatomy, cloth / hair, and be comfortable in a scripting environment.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in rigging/skinning characters in Maya, or similar software
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology
- High proficiency in character Skinning, Physics, and Technical Workflows
- Experience in Python, or other programming languages
- Character Rig Creation
- Experience working with in-engine cloth and rigid body physics
- Thorough knowledge of layout, modeling, rigging, and animation tools and workflows currently used in the industry
- Strong communications skills
- Knowledge on subjects such as Maya tool development and pipeline design
- Passion for Blizzard games
- Experience in Destruction, VFX, Material Creation, etc.
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown showing rigging / simulation and technical proficiency
- Only online submissions will be accepted
Job Status: Full-Time