Can't Set Keyframes via Python

This is the standard bouncing ball animation . Create a sphere and select it
before running the code. x and y animated only. No errors, just not getting keyframes. ???
I’ve been over and over the formatting too.

def setKeyframes() :

objs = cmds.ls(selection = True)         # Grabbing the selected object and assigning variable.
  obj = objs[0]                           # assigning a list to the variable.                

yVal = 0                               # variable for translate Y attribute                  
  xVal = 0                               # variable for translate X attribute 
  frame = 0                              # variable for current frame number 

maxVal = 10                            # holds objects current height                  

for i in range(0, 20):
                                        # sets keyframes on both x and y positions
    frame = i * 10                     # multiplying constant 10 units to frame value.
    xVal = i * 2                        # multiplying constant 2 units to x value.
                                        # xVal controls how many keyframes created. smaller number more keyframes.
  if i % 2 == 1 :    # alternate between an ever increasing value(peaks) and 0 (ground). 
    yVal = 0      # to do this we need to check to see if our loop variable(i) is                     
                      # divisible by 2 (%2) = 0 in the case of even numbers and 1 for odd.
                       # for odd #s set y value to 0.

else:
    yVal = maxVal            # for even #s set y value to maxVal. 
    maxVal *= 0.8            # to make the bounce a little less each time we do this. 

cmds.setKeyframe(obj + '.translateY', value = yVal,    # should create 7 keyframes with a timeline of   
  time = frame)                                                                #  70 frames

cmds.setKeyframe(obj + '.translateX', value = xVal,
  time = frame)

setKeyframes()         #    not getting keyframes

Same as last time:
“if/else” blocks (and the lines below) are not included in the “for” loop.
Add another indent to all lines below the xVal = i * 2 line.

Python Enhancement Proposals:
https://peps.python.org/

PEP 8 – Style Guide for Python Code:
https://peps.python.org/pep-0008/

1 Like