Senior Technical Artist
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. is looking for a Senior Technical Artist for our MMO game development. As a Senior Technical Artist you will help to bridge the gap between Art and Engineering. You will be responsible for helping artists push the visual fidelity of the game through the creation of shaders, materials, lighting and tool creation.
- Creation of pipeline tools for the Art team to improve efficiency and quality of delivered assets
- Create technical assets related to Shaders/Materials/Lighting to help push quality to the next level
- Work closely with engineers and Art team to develop internal tools
- Identify and troubleshoot performance issues with art assets in the engine and provide solutions to resolve
- Support the Art team in R&D efforts with an eye to technically produce the visual quality desired
- Ability to prototype technical art assets and potential tool based solutions
- Develop relationships with fellow Artists and Engineers to better understand their needs for tools and pipeline development
- Portfolio required
- 2-5yrs+ experience as a TA for games
- Proficiency in 3ds Max, Maya and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Unity 3D and C# (Unreal a plus)
- Proficiency writing shaders, HLSL specifically for Unity
- Ability to make tools for Maya & 3DS Max. Python, Maxscript and/or MEL
- Solid understanding of next-gen asset creation processes, limitations and dependencies (console experience a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Animation, rigging and skinning experience a plus
- Preference given to those with experience in an art discipline: animation, FX, environment or character art
About ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
ArtCraft Entertainment is a start-up independent game development shop located in Austin, Texas. Founded by J. Todd Coleman (creative director, Shadowbane, Wizard101, Pirate101) and Gordon Walton (executive producer, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars the Old Republic) the company employs a world-class cadre of artists, designers and engineers – a small team that includes some of the most experienced MMO developers on the planet.
In early 2015, ArtCraft announced their flagship title, Crowfall®, a hybrid massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) and large-scale strategy game. Heavily inspired by “Game of Thrones”, Crowfall allows players to take the roles of knight and merchants, king and queens vying for control of a virtual throne.
The Kickstarter campaign for Crowfall ended on March 26th of 2015, amassing almost $1.8 million in pledges and ranking as the largest video game Kickstarter in the previous 12 months – and the 15th largest, ever, with total funding listed here. The game continues to gain attention (and accept pledges) directly on www.crowfall.com
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants can submit their resume, cover letter and other materials to: [email protected]