VFX ARTIST https://crowfall.com/en-US/jobs
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. is looking for a VFX artist to join our MMO game development team. The ideal candidate will have at least two years using Unity3D in the video games industry as an effects artist and at least four years overall game development experience including shipped titles.
- Creation of high-end VFX for real-time game assets, characters and environments
- Creation of original hand-painted textures and 3D meshes for particle effects
- Understanding of optimization and troubleshooting technical and performance issues as it relates to particle effects
- FX scripting and ability to write custom FX shaders as necessary
- Work closely with engineers to develop internal tools as required
- Ability to manage time appropriately and submit accurate time estimates
- Anticipate problems and provide solutions and suggestions for workflow, tool improvements or process changes
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in Unity3
- 2-5yrs+ experience as a VFX artist for games
- Experience with a real-time FX editor: Unity, UDK, Popcorn FX (Popcorn FX experience is a huge plus)
- Proficiency in 3dsMax and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Unity3D
- Solid understanding of next-gen FX creation processes, limitations and dependencies
- Strong technical art skills as they relate to particle effects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Portfolio required
- Traditional art and animation skills a plus
- Some experience creating particle effects for a next-gen title preferred
About ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
ArtCraft Entertainment is a start-up independent game development shop located in Austin, Texas. Founded by J. Todd Coleman (creative director, Shadowbane, Wizard101, Pirate101 ) and Gordon Walton (executive producer, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars the Old Republic ) the company employs a world-class cadre of artists, designers and engineers – a small team that includes some of the most experienced MMO developers on the planet.
In early 2015, ArtCraft announced their flagship title, Crowfall ®, a hybrid massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) and large-scale strategy game. Heavily inspired by “Game of Thrones”, Crowfall allows players to take the roles of knight and merchants, king and queens vying for control of a virtual throne.
The Kickstarter campaign for Crowfall ended on March 26th of 2015, amassing almost $1.8 million in pledges and ranking as the largest video game Kickstarter in the previous 12 months – and the 15th largest, ever, with total funding listed on the Crowfall website.
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants can submit their resume, cover letter and other materials to: [email protected]