Camouflaj, the award-winning team behind RÉPUBLIQUE and IRON MAN VR is looking for an Animation Engineer to join us on our next exciting AAA project.
As an Animation Engineer, you’ll work closely with technical artists, animators, designers, and gameplay engineers to develop and maintain performant real-time animation systems within Unity.
- Create in-editor animation tools to meet the needs of cinematic and gameplay designers and animators.
- Collaborate with gameplay and AI engineers to ensure animation systems have an easy to use interface that they can easily work with.
- Develop and maintain flexible Inverse Kinematic solutions within the context of VR.
- Work with core tech engineers to debug and optimize key systems.
- Guide animation team on best authoring practices for optimized in-game animations.
- Familiar with motion matching, phase blending, blend trees, procedural animation, character controllers, and full body IK.
- Comfortable working in C#.
- Knowledge of animation compression.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Shipped one or more games in this role.
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a highly collaborative environment.
YOU WILL STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with Unity.
- VR development experience.
- Familiarity with character setup and animation in Maya
Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the current state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, examples of your shipped work, and any supporting materials to [email protected]. Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.