We’re growing a small team of tools engineers at 2K in Novato to build out common frameworks and technologies in an effort to globally raise the quality and productivity bars of our studios.
If interested head over to https://www.2k.com/jobs to apply!
What We Need:
We’re looking for a highly experienced Senior Tools Engineer to help develop central, internal dev tools and pipelines built to address the needs of multiple studios, games, and external partners around the world.
- A true polyglot that loves to build software no matter the language or stack – whether it’s content creator-focused tools in packages such as Maya or Unreal, Web systems to facilitate distributed build deployment, or anything in between.
- A passion for enabling others and solving creative problems with technical solutions.
- But most importantly, we’re looking for a team player with strong integrity, interpersonal and organizational skills to navigate our fast-paced environment and offer creative and technical solutions to all of our amazing development teams.
What You Will Do:
- Develop/Own new and maintain existing systems, software, and tools to support the creation of games across our studios and labels
- Consult with game teams to assess technical requirements, identify key stakeholders, and to help with integration of our code into their pipelines
- Participate in architectural decisions to build tested, scalable frameworks and tools across a variety of languages (C#, C++, Python, Ruby) and applications (Web, Maya, UE4)
- Work in a mixed internal, distributed, and outsourced team
- Produce comprehensive documentation for both internal and external use
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Several years of experience developing tools and pipelines for content creators in games, VFX, or animated feature films in multiple programming languages
- Sound grasp of object-oriented principles, patterns, and applications.
- Hands on familiarity with commercial game engines (such as UE4 or Unity) and content creation tools (3dsmax, Maya)
- A love for building software that enables others to increase productivity and efficiency
- Some background in Art, Technical Art or VFX Technical Direction.
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch or TensorFlow)
- Solid skills with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or .NET